This is the shower curtain in the bathroom, I didn't realize that in this picture you can't see the ruffle at the bottom very well. And then there is the valance over the window. They both look absolutely great (my opinion) and I don't think these pictures do justice. I'll try to get a couple of better pictures tonight when there isn't light reflecting off the snow and shining into the window.
Here's a better picture of the ruffle. I found a bath mat and and hand towels in the same color blue as the fabric's background at Rite Aid. I am planning on heading there Tuesday to buy them and hopefully do it thriftfully! I'll let you know how it goes!
Here is one of my favorite pictures. The reason being, as I was rehanging the cabinet doors after they were done being painted I was seriously doubting the color scheme I had chosen. It was so neutral. Like my girlfriend Mandy always says "Too, vanilla ice cream." I was trying to think...if our camper was a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would I want it to be? I know exactly what flavor of ice cream I want it to be....Vanilla! What? Why? Because the best ice cream is vanilla with fresh bananas, strawberries, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, nuts, whipped cream, and of course a cherry on top! As I keep adding new elements to the camper I am just as excited as I would be building a banana split -only this will last a lot longer and won't make my jeans tighter!
Some new elements to point out: I made a new privacy curtain and used jute string for the tie-backs, put the new knobs (Courtesy of Melissa-Thanks!!!) on the cabinets (doesn't the "bead board" look awesome?), made new mattress covers and recovered the face boards.
I have been doing a bit of sewing this last week, so I have also been doing quite a bit a ironing as well. And you know what? I was enjoying it. I love the look of freshly pressed fabric and the smell of starch! It really is a lost art. Not for everyone though, my neighbor enjoys ironing her tea towels, my sister's mother-in-law irons everything her family wears, and my aunt went to change her pants so we could go on a walk but first she had to press them. Oh, how I love the look of freshly pressed clothes! I myself make it a habit to buy clothes that you don't have to iron. Because really the time you think to iron your clothes is usually not long before you're supposed to be walking out the door. By the time your finished ironing and dressed you have to touch up your make-up and blot the sweat that has formed on your brow. Is it the heat from the iron or the lack of time that creates this conundrum? What? It's just me? Sheeesh.

My second favorite house hold chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk until I faint. -Erma Bombeck
I have been doing a bit of sewing this last week, so I have also been doing quite a bit a ironing as well. And you know what? I was enjoying it. I love the look of freshly pressed fabric and the smell of starch! It really is a lost art. Not for everyone though, my neighbor enjoys ironing her tea towels, my sister's mother-in-law irons everything her family wears, and my aunt went to change her pants so we could go on a walk but first she had to press them. Oh, how I love the look of freshly pressed clothes! I myself make it a habit to buy clothes that you don't have to iron. Because really the time you think to iron your clothes is usually not long before you're supposed to be walking out the door. By the time your finished ironing and dressed you have to touch up your make-up and blot the sweat that has formed on your brow. Is it the heat from the iron or the lack of time that creates this conundrum? What? It's just me? Sheeesh.

5 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I love your Erma Bombeck quote! Personally, I iron NOTHING. Period. Nothing. If the wrinkles don't come out in the drier, well, too damn bad. My mom, on the other hand, irons everything! Including her jeans and T-shirts. Sick. ;)
I don't even know where my iorning board is other than in the garage but that could mean anything. Looks greaaat!
I looovvve that woman ironing! She inspires me to iron everything for my family like Leave it To Beaver, or The Waltons, or I Love Lucy. Yeah, its not going to happen.
Also, your curtain is top notch, very impressed.
So funny, I think I will have to take to wearing heels when I clean the bathroom. It would make it so much more glamorous, right?!
Post a Comment