Oh but ain't that America; for you and me
Ain't that America; somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America; home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me
Not that I am looking for a philisophical debate on the lyrics of John Mellencamp's Little Pink Houses; (I could go on for a while) but I love this song and have it stuck in my head whilst I re-decor our "new" little camper, our second home, our cabin on wheels. And the adventures we're cooking up; oooooooooohhhh!
Before
The dinnette folds down into a full queen sized bed that I am pleased to report is quite comfortable!
Sorry the lighting is so poor in this picture it's the only one I got of this shot. Aaaaargh!
This ya'll is our "frigidair" :)
During
Ooops paint from Home Depot (only 5$-score!!) and it's the color I wanted!
Whatta ya think so far?
Beadboard, paintable wallpaper- Did you even know that existed? I didn't until five days ago and this too was a steal, only $7.25 for 53 square feet. It adds hardly any weight to the trailer; which is something I have to consider with every addition and super easy on the budget; which means I get more of what I want. And, I think that's the best part!
These are the next to be painted.
And here is a picture from our first morning in the camper, we're going to stay in it again this weekend (I think) these "maiden voyages" are to make sure everything is in perfect working order before we get serious. They also help me to know what I need to be putting on my camper check list (Extra roll of toilet paper? Check!)I feel like I've left much out, and I have... but the natives are getting restless and we must go to the library. I'll blog again soon-have a yummy, green St. Patty's day! Know that we love you all!

2 comments:
A work in progress! Can't wait to see the after pics :D
Cute! I need to come by and see it. We must plan some camping trips together . . . that would be fun!!!! Joe is currently outside working on our "camper" :)
Post a Comment