Sunday, March 21, 2010

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


This is how I felt this morning. I went to bed last night finished with the bulk of the painting (during which Tahoe decided the bathtub needed to come out so he could insulate more.) The last thing he said to me before he took Lola inside to lay down with her so I could finish was "You like the dark laminate, right?"

He was talking about flooring again. The one thing we are having the hardest time agreeing on. He wants durable and practical-polyurea (or in layman's terms rhino lining). Yes, the spray in plastic liner you see in the beds of many pickups. However, instead of black it would be gray. "Woo-hoo", she said, the words dripping with sarcasim.

I want wood laminate with a dark walnut finish. Mmmmmmm, that would look so yummy!


So I took to the world wide web... products, information, and retail therapy. I found the perfect runner rug that would cover the majority of our durable flooring and for $25 less than the laminate. So after much uncoordinated back and forthing we came to an agreement. Tahoe got his floor and I got my look. So even though sometimes our "dance" may feel more like tug-o-war we just keep plowing through until we find our rythym.



















I started this post on Sunday morning and am just getting back to it now. The floor is finished (and really doesn't look too bad-ok so it looks good just don't tell Tahoe he was right) (I still think the laminate would be yummier!) and I hung the cabinet doors this morning. Sooooo... I will try to post some more pics during naptime; right now I need to go hose off some jelly covered kiddos!


No comments: