Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sweet Mountain Music



Three weeks ago we went to the library for story time. It was fabulous! A Swedish family of 3 were in town visiting relatives and came to the library to play their instruments for us. The Dad palyed the cello, the Mom played the viola, and the daughter played a 1/2 size violin. They played music to the reading of the Three Bears. Afterward they showed us their instruments and told us about them. They even showed us the first violin that their daughter learned to play on. It was a 1/32 size, it looked like it was made for a doll. The family was super nice and let the kids try it out. I may be a little bit bias (of course), but it seems to me that Lola has an aptitude for music. She kind of goes into a trance and concentrates so hard on it, the lady even said she was impressed and that we should look into getting her one of her own. This lady plays for the Swedish orchestra as a career so she knows what she's talking about! (I'm smiling as I write this because I could see that she was impressed but maybe she could see my pride. Who knows?)

2 comments:

Sacha said...

How can you not be proud to have a potential music genius?!

Carlie said...

I totally believe that she has potential and Amelia is going to be her back up dancer! Look out Partridge Family here comes the Winter Family!