Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Ground Hog Day!




Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow again this morning-so there is to be 6 more weeks of winter! Those of us up here in the mountains are all rejoicing "Only 6 more weeks? Yeehaw!" Did you know Phil has predicted the weather 112 time and 98 times he's seen his shadow? Hmmmm......Just a thought....How will global warming effect Phil? Hmmm.....

1 comment:

Sacha said...

I love the pictures, Ground Hog's Day is a classic! I guess its only fitting that he sees his shadow most of the time since the first day of spring is March 20th, or roughly 6 weeks from February 2nd I wonder, has he ever predicted an early spring in our lifetime? Hmm, can this be too much pressure on ol' Puxsatony Phil?

P.S.
Answers.com says this:
"The first day of spring in 2010 is March 20th.

It is known as the vernal equinox in the northern hemisphere and the autumnal equinox in the southern hemisphere."