Thursday, January 14, 2010

3 Decades of Fabulosity!!!

This was my fabulous birthday cake! 4 layers-white and chocolate with chocolate filling a a light vanilla frosting. Mmmmmmm (Yes, I made my own cake, but I wanted to!)

30 candles... it was warm!
My beautiful bouquet of roses. When Tahoe gave it to me he said, "Don't be disapointed; it's a little deceiving." That really confused me because when I first looked at it I thought those brown things were pinecones.
Upon further inspection and with Tahoe taking one out to show me I realized, they too were roses. Then he said, "Now when all these flowers die you'll still have these three roses." One of the guys that works for him was telling him about these roses he sculpts out of metal so Tahoe had him make some for me for my birthday! They were a huge hit- I love them!


The stem is barbed wire and he lets them rust to give them a cool rustic look!








3 comments:

Sacha said...

Awesome Cake! Your skills are getting crazy :) I usually get my cakes from the grocery store bakery and I've never seen one that looked that good. Way cool.

Carlie said...

WOW Cassy Sue! Happy birthday! I hope it was a great day it looked amazing!

Missy Lou said...

Happy Birthday Cass! Awesome cake and what a sweet gift of flowers. The lasting kind are truly the best!! Hope it was wonderful 'birthweek'. Love you so much.
~Miss