Lola is now 131 days old! It's hard to imagine! But everyday it seems like she is doing something miraculous! With the second, third, and children beyond ; do we become so busy we forget what a miracle these small beings are? Or as they get older do we get so used to having them around we feel like we've been doing this our whole life? The reason I ask these questions is because I have decided that the rudest most annoying thing in the world is when somebody says to me "Ah, first time mother.", "That's a first time mother thing, you'll get over it." or "I used to be like that too, with my first."Could the conversation of my "first time mom-idiosyncrasies" be left alone until I have left the room? Furthermore, anyone who knew me before could have guessed that I would be apalled if you put your finger in my baby's mouth. I woke up irritated unable to let this subject go. So instead of a "Dear Diary"-keep it to myself, I decided to blog it in hopes that my fellow bloggers whom I respect and admire as mothers could share their opinion on the subject. In the past 131 days I can't say that I have many gripes, this is my only real one. Motherhood is definitely, at times, harder than I could have ever imagined. But even sleep deprived and close to tears, all Lola has to do is smile or coo and I am cured.
5 comments:
I can assure you that these tiny little gifts that the Lord gives us do not become mundain and that all the miraculous things that they learn do not become unmentionable with time and the addition of more children! I had to call Grandma Mary last night just so she could listen to Molly 'talk' because I'm tickled with the way that her sounds are changing and the way that she seems to be yelling at me when she wants to nurse! I'm sad that these 'You'll get over it' moms are missing this rich blessing that the Lord has for us. I'm so glad that you are not missing it! I love you all.
~Miss
Craig says 'They are miraculous and from number 1 to 7 you love them all the same. Keep strangers hands out of their mouths. Keep their shorts clean. And don't forget all the cool things you just said about her. If you don't like my advice you need to take a big glass of shut the hell up!
~Love Craig
Craig says that Lola is definately a keeper!
~Miss
Miss-Thank you so much! I woke up this morning irritated with these things and could not let it go! I so appreciate all of your thoughts and ideas on motherhood. (Oh, and Craig too ;))
I know that my kids still amaze me...everyday they make my heart swell, make me laugh, smile, and usually make me a little crazy too! People use that 1st time mother thing to dismiss any 1st time mother who has an opinion...obviously it applies to some moms, but I was around you for a few days and you seemed pretty layed back and relaxed....I mean on our short stroll in tamarack we forgot about Lola in the car ...hee hee. That still makes me laugh! If someone put their hand, finger in my babies mouth I would pitch a fit! And you should feel blessed because you are enjoying her, babies are awesome, and naturally with your first you get to enjoy the changes even more so because she is your only. I wish we were close so I could come visit you for the holidays! I LOVE this picture of Lola!
Post a Comment